No matter your heritage or religious beliefs, you too can be Irish for a day in March! There is something fun and whimsical about a little leprechaun and his pot of gold and a four-leaf clover to bring good luck! Plus the rainbow offers so many opportunities to teach colors to our qqqqqlittle ones! There are many fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts and activities to help celebrate this day with your kids.
Saint Patrick’s Day, is a cultural and religious celebration occurring annually on 17 March, the death date of the most commonly recognized patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461). For a lot of us it means green things and leprechauns, a pot of gold and a rainbow. It is also a time that the Irish celebrate their heritage.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here are some fun St. Patrick’s Day Crafts & Activities to do with your children. From crafts to cooking and books to play dough, there is a little something for everyone!
St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Tissue Paper Shamrock Craft –
- Rainbow Hand Art Craft – A fun and simple way to make a rainbow with your toddlers and early elementary aged children.
- Kids St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages – FREE printable coloring pages of things like a four leaf clover, a rainbow, a pot of gold and more!
St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Homemade Play Dough – An easy DIY recipe for green play dough. You can even add glitter!
- Silly Shamrock Shaped Rice Krispie Treat Pops – Fun shamrock shaped pops made out of Rice Krispies Treat.
- Educational Projects for St. Patrick’s Day – This is a collection of educational projects from crafts to books, printables and more!
- St. Patrick’s Day Books That Teach – Want to learn more about the origins of St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this collection of books!
What St. Patrick’s Day Crafts & Activities are you planning for this year?
You May Also Like