We have another new opportunity to bring you. True North Homeschool Academy is Hiring Virtual Teachers. The requirements for these positions are provided below.
WHO IS TRUE NORTH HOMESCHOOL ACADEMY?
Real Relationships, Real Experiences.
Vision: True North Homeschool Academy is committed to transmitting a culture of traditional, Biblical Christianity to the next generation of students with the goal of instilling a passion for truth, beauty and goodness.
Mission: True North Homeschool Academy comes alongside parents to provide quality academics for 6th-12th grade students, utilizing cutting-edge technology to point students back to real relationships and real experiences.
Their goal is to provide quality, content-rich courses as well as to create an outstanding work environment for their teachers and staff. They consider it a privilege and ministry to partner with parents as they seek quality education for their children. They also consider it a privilege to partner with their contractors and their goal is to provide ways in which you can grow and develop vocationally. They pray daily with and over their students and staff.
True North Homeschool Academy (TNHA) is currently accepting application for Teachers. These are part-time, virtual teaching positions for the 2018-19 school year focusing on 6th -12th grades. They seek teachers…
- Who have a gift for teaching and a passion for education.
- Who hold a Judeo-Christian, traditional worldview and are committed to living this out in their day-to-day life with personal / academic integrity and excellence, including praying regularly for their students.
- Who are effective and skilled communicators, able to bring warmth, energy and personality to an on-line format. As well as they seek teachers with the ability to point their students to real relationships and real experiences.
- Who are passionate about learning and continue to develop their own skills and areas of interest.
- Who are hardworking and committed to their responsibilities.
- What are committed to personal conflict resolution as outlined in Matthew 18.
- Who will work to promote their classes and the mission of TNHA.
- Who have familiarized themselves and are excited about TNHA’s vision and mission.
- Who enjoy course and syllabus development.
- NOTE: A four year degree is NOT required, but comparable experience is.
- Teachers must complete technology training before being offered a position with TNHA. After technology training is completed, teachers are required to submit a recorded test lesson conducting a class for review. Teachers are evaluated based upon their ability to utilize the technology and to deliver a quality, engaging class in keeping with TNHA’s vision and mission. Teachers undergo an annual review process before contract renewals each year.
- TNHA has a mandatory annual teacher training session each summer. This training provides their teachers an opportunity to contribute, connect and grow professionally.
- Teachers are independent contractors.
- It is in the best interest of each teacher to promote their classes, and teachers are given opportunities to do that by writing blog posts promoting their subject area, curriculum, etc. as well as sharing their areas of expertise on Monthly Mentoring events and more.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
- Your understanding of and experience with homeschooling.
- An explanation about why you would like to teach for TNHA and how you would fulfill the purpose and vision of TNHA through your courses
- List of courses you wish to teach and your qualifications in those areas, along with times and days you are available to teach
- Other relevant information
2. REFERENCES to include:
- 3 Professional References
- 2 personal references, including a pastor/spiritual leader
3. RESUME with the following details:
- Education Work Experience
- Awards / Honors Volunteer Work
- Technological systems and skills you work with comfortably