Review Detail

4.8 92 0.5
All About Spelling
Curriculas 11953
I started using All About Spelling for my daughter this year who is in 4th grade. They recommend you start at level 1 and work your way through. I do NOT recommend doing that, I bought ever level only to realize that level 1 was so far behind her that it was unusable for us. Level 2 the same. We are working in level 3 now which feels like a waste of time, she has learned a couple of things, but I think we could've went right to level 4 and then worked into level 5. She's an excellent speller already, I just liked the approach of All About Spelling. The other spelling programs I had looked at she needed grade 5 in because grade 4 was too easy for her. SO, maybe if you have a struggling speller you SHOULD go back to the beginning, but even so, I would start at level 2 if your child is older. In comparison, I'd say level 1 is grade 1 and so on. I hate spelling lists, (and despite never using them my daughter is a grade ahead in spelling!) so All About Spelling is definitely more our speed!
Grade levels used
Pros
No Spelling Lists! Teaches the rules/reasoning behind spelling, Fairly easy to teach
Cons
teacher intensive
Do you recommend?
yes
AF
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments