Review Detail

4.8 92 0.5
All About Spelling
Curriculas 11953
I used this for my son & daughter during their 5th & 6th grade year. The program is a little expensive, but considering all the components you get with it, it was not unreasonably so. I loved the thorough approach to spelling and that the approach automatically helped with reading skills. However, the lessons are long and my daughter did not need that intensive of an approach and does not appreciate manipulative use in her learning, so this was not a good fit for her. My son generally loves manipulatives and they were good for his learning needs. However, the lessons are long and his attention span is quite short. So, I had to cut up the lesson times for him which makes getting through the material in the desired time frame difficult. However, that was just due to my child's situation.

When you first get the program, it takes a LONG time to assemble all the parts. It took me hours. Once it is assembled, then the prep time diminishes greatly. There is little to none needed for lesson prep.

If your child needs the tactile and kinetic and very thorough approach to learning, this is a very good fit. If they do not like to use manipulatives, need the in-depth instruction, or there are attention issues, you may need to look elsewhere for a spelling program.
Grade levels used
Pros
very thorough, great for kinetic learners
Cons
time intensive in preparation, long lessons
Do you recommend?
depends on the child
I
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments