Review Detail

4.8 92 0.5
All About Spelling
Curriculas 11993
This is a tough one to think about recommending because while my children don't "love" this as much as they love All About Reading, I would still recommend it because they have learned a ton using this product and it is very easy to use and goes so well with All About Reading. After using Level 2, my 3rd Grade daughter tested well into the High School level of IEW's Spelling Zoo program. Much of this was due to her voracious reading as well, but I firmly believe this program gave her a fantastic foundation. My son, who is not such a natural speller, is also doing great with it and just finished Level 1. I saw him struggle a bit more with some spelling rules (such as "qu" words) but I saw him make great progress by the end of the lessons. So I would definitely still recommend it. I don't think every program we as homeschoolers use has to be colorful and flashy, and I say that as a former children's curriculum editor who spent all day purposely making things colorful and flashy as part of my job! :-) It took me awhile to change that mindset for myself but I finally see that to be true in my own homeschool.
Grade levels used
Pros
Easy to use, Doesn't take much time, Teaches great rules/coverage of the subject
Cons
Just not very exciting for the child
Do you recommend?
Yes
C
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments