Review Detail

4.7 74 0.5
America the Beautiful
Curriculas 15853
I used this curriculum for 3 of my 5 children grades 3rd, 5th, and 7th. I did the reading out loud with all of them and then together we did the maps (which my kids LOVE) and the timeline. My 7th grader then would complete the literature and review work alone. It was a perfect fit for our family and my husband and I would "fight" over whose turn it was to teach history because we both enjoyed it so much!!!
Warning: this curriculum did cause my children to want to visit every spot that was talked about and now have a goal to go to all 50 states! We did take a big family trip up through several states and visited several of the locations that were talked about in the books. These are also great books to take with you on road trips we've found! We stopped in at Mammoth Caves because of a lesson and otherwise would have missed it completely, so glad we were able to go!
Great curriculum, can't say enough wonderful things about it! History is fun and my kids are begging to do 2 lessons every day (that has NEVER happened with history curriculum before!)
Grade levels used
Pros
All ages loved this curriculum
Cons
We want to travel to each place we learn about!
Do you recommend?
YES
JS
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments