Review Detail

4.8 65 0.5
Math Mammoth
Curriculas 15902
We bought the whole "kit & caboodle" package right when it was starting to become known a little here in the states. The program is a worktext program, meaning you do not need a teacher's guide, the student texts have the explanations/teaching built in right there. The author is from Finland, which from my research is a country who is much further advanced in their math instruction than we are. And it shows in this curriculum.
You can purchase the light blue series which is grade leveled series that goes through 6/7 grade. The math concepts taught in her series will easily take a student through 7th grade (comparable to most other U.S. programs).
The blue series is concept based. You can use them as your core curriculum, particularly if you want to be sure your child is mastering a concept before moving on to another. And, the author maps out a sequence you should follow if you want to handle it that way.
The most wonderful thing about the program is the author, Maria. She is extremely knowledgeable and very available for any help you would like. If you send an email asking about the curriculum, she personally sends a reply. She will even review your child's placement test to advise where you need to place your child. My two didn't clearly place anywhere in the grade-based curriculum but she was able to take the results of their placement tests, tell me which of the blue worktexts to use first to "fill in the gaps" and then what level to start with after that.
Maria also offers many youtube videos on strategies you can use to teach different concepts to your children and teaching strategies on how to teach them to learn their math facts cold.
We thought this program offered the teaching of more challenging math concepts - particularly mental math - in a way that was comprehendible with most excellent customer service
Grade levels used
Pros
the whole program
Do you recommend?
YES
I
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments