Review Detail

4.8 65 0.5
Math Mammoth
Curriculas 15902
Lots of free samples available online to preview material. I showed those samples to my brother who is a high school math teacher and he said, "This is good, get the program!" We did and we have been very pleased. We like the mental math exercises. My husband is a high school chemistry teacher and is always grieving over the students' lack of math skills. This program is set up to teach math concepts in a logical, methodical way. All math builds on previous concepts so resist the urge to race ahead. It is much better to go a little slower and get a firm foundation. BUT if you do later find there are gaps in your child's understanding, the Blue Series materials are about particular topics (i.e. fractions) so you can easily go back and focus on that area by going right back to the basic concepts of that topic.

There are great suggestions for math games and further resources. My Kindergartner was bored with K math so we just jumped right into grade 1 and he loves it.

Maria Miller actually answers her email so if you have questions, ask. She has been remarkably helpful.
Grade levels used
Pros
Step-by-step, mental math drills, very easy to use
Cons
Only goes up to grade 7 :(
Do you recommend?
YES! YES!
AY
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments