Review Detail

5.0 4 0.5
How to Make Doll Clothes
Curriculas 3846
I was asked to teach my friend's grand-daughter to sew as part of therapy for an attention deficit disorder which was contributing to low self-esteem and behavioural dysfunction. I have been sewing for many years but wasn't sure how to make the information available and interesting for this child, until I found Rosie's Dolls Clothes. What a blessing! I worked out a schedule, around the course, over several months.The videos are presented in a gentle, engaging manner which the child warmed to and she was able to finish projects at her own pace. She enjoyed it so much that she asked me to use the course to help her to qualify for part of the Prince Phillip Awards where students are given points for self improvement and community activities. I bought her the DVD set so she could refer to it whenever she wanted and her interest has continued. She is about to finish Year 12 and go on to Child Care. I also have 2 grand-daughters aged 8 years and 11 years who are now learning to sew and we are using the patterns and the course at their own pace. I've learned a few tricks along the way, myself. I highly recommend the course, patterns and community Rosie has created.
Grade levels used
Pros
Easy to follow patterns and instructions, affordable, use on-line or purchase DVD, personal follow-up, suitable for new and more experienced sewers. Great skill-set development.
Cons
None
Do you recommend?
Highly recommend.
CR
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments