Review Detail

4.8 42 0.5
We really enjoyed this curriculum. It was very in depth on the topic. My only complaint was that it was a bit dated. However, they have a new edition now that looks beautiful and I'm sure has remedied that problem. If you get a copy of the original just be aware of that issue, but it's easily remedied by a little research. It can be a bit daunting with all the reading. However, I would break it up over several days and we did a journal page or two throughout the week. We also incorporated DVDs, YouTube videos, and books from the library. There are many ways to add to this curriculum if you would like. I especially like in the notebook journals the additional resource page that gives suggestions for books and DVDs. We made good use of that. While the experiments and projects use easily accessible items, I would recommend buying a lab kit (rainbow resource sells them). I'm the type of person that if I don't have everything right on hand I will easily skip the project instead of going to the store. They are packaged very well, and all you need to do is grab the baggie marked for the lesson and you have everything you need!
Grade levels used
Do you recommend?
Yes.
JT
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments