Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
I love making Christmas cookies, and these Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are so simple. You are going to love them!
Making cookies is one of my favorite things about the Christmas season. It’s the perfect opportunity for making family memories and getting your kids in the kitchen and helping. I remember making cookies and candies with my mom growing up and then going to our neighbors’ houses to pass them out. A few years ago, I decided to make cookies for our neighbors, and I might have gone a little overboard. I’m pretty sure I baked for 3 days straight and had 12 different kinds of cookies to fill Christmas cookie bags. This year I decided to try some cake mix cookie recipes. They are so simple to make and taste so good!
Christmas is the best time of year. The cheer, the parties, the food, and the lights. Everything about it makes me happy. Each year when I put up my tree, I think about how sad and how empty my house is going to look once I take it down. There’s just something cozy and inviting about turning the Christmas tree lights on, drinking hot chocolate, watching the night snow fall, and watching a Hallmark Christmas movie on TV. I mean come on! Does a night get anymore perfect than that?
My mom loves Christmas lights so much that she keeps the ones around her living room window up all year long! I might have to take that idea and find a way to keep lights up this year. This was our first year with a fireplace. We moved into the house a year ago. and I was so excited to have a fireplace to hang out stockings. If you are like me and have trouble thinking of ideas, don’t worry. I did some major research and came up with over 101 stocking stuffer ideas for kids. AWESOME ideas, so stop by and check them out.
If you like this recipe, then make sure to stop by and check out my brand new E-cookbook, Family Friendly Recipes. It’s on sale right now for only $2.99!
- Chocolate Cake Mix, 1 box (15.25 oz)
- Butter, softened, 1/2 cup
- Egg, 2
- Peppermint M&M’s, 1/2 cup
- White chocolate chips, 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or a baking pad and set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat butter and eggs until fluffy. Add cake mix and mix until well combined. Fold in peppermint M&M’s and white chocolate chips. (optional: save out a few to place on top to get a pretty cookie)
- Drop a tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheer and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cook on the pan for 1-2 minutes.
What are your favorite things to do during the Christmas season? Do you bake cookies with your kids? What else do your kids like to make in the kitchen for the holidays?