Review Detail

4.6 4 0.5
Song School Spanish
Curriculas 4826
It is a nice program! Unfortunately, it didn't work for my kids. Please don't let our experience discourage you from trying it! You may find that it is a perfect fit for your family!! My kids needed something more they could interact with and we found a DVD based Spanish program that works for them.

I like that SSS is very affordable for a homeschool family! The package retails for $74.85 and includes 1 student book. Additional student books retail for $24.95. Each student book comes with a children's music CD, which is a perfect setup for a classroom/co-op. That is how their student books are set up. They are set up with a September - May schedule in mind along with spreading the lessons and reviews throughout the week. The chapters are short enough that if you only see the students once a week, like in a co-op setting, you can cover all of the chapter in one session.

I purchased the package which included Spanish Amigo Match game. The cards are thick and durable. I chose to laminate the cards for extra protection. With 5 very young kids it was needed. :-) I do plan on using those with my kids as they get older. I may still use the chants that are used in the book to expose my kids more to the spoken language.

Like one of the other reviewers mention there is a large gap to the company's next Spanish program that they offer.

When I ordered SSS through a vendor there was a minor issue with the TM and the vendor contacted the company and they immediately addressed the issue. I appreciated their quick response and attention to the matter.
Grade levels used
  • preK
  • K
Pros
Affordable
Cons
Just didn't work with our family. :-(
Do you recommend?
Yes
JB
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments