Review Detail

4.4 11 0.5
Reading Eggs 4 weeks free trial
Curriculas 4150
My son has moderate intellectual disability and is well below grade level in all subjects. He learns well by mnemonics and visual representation. Reading Eggs worked well for him in this regard and it was a great incentive for him because he REALLY wanted to unlock the creature inside the egg. It goes at a gentle enough pace for most typical learners. My son needs much repetition though, so we often had to repeat lessons. He resisted repeating lessons because he was spurred on to get new creatures unlocked.

Whenever we hit a wall and he wasn't able to advance further, I would take him back about 10-30 lessons and start over. It was much easier to keep him on track with this by resetting the level. Doing this re-set the game to an earlier level. He didn't lose his earned points, but the creature is lost until he completes that level again. And that was heartbreaking for him.
Grade levels used
  • preK
  • K
Pros
Low to no prep for mom, engaging for kids, enticement of eggs to open was a bonus for my son, good for special needs
Cons
Sounds are not always accurate (vowels are added in on some consonant sounds). Repeating a series of lessons might require re-sealing the eggs and losing their earned work.
Do you recommend?
Absolutely
S
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments