Review Detail

4.6 15 0.5
From Adam To Us
Curriculas 9880
We started From Adam to Us a few weeks ago, and are really enjoying it. It is super easy to begin using right away with virtually no teacher prep time. Students can work at their own pace on their own, or can be a family read aloud. Books, binding and pages are of very nice quality. Images/maps etc... add considerably to the lessons. Content is engaging and moves along at a quick pace. Some people may wish to dig in deeper on some of the subjects though. It would be easy to use this as a spine or jumping off point as desired. That said, covering the entire world history in one year as this curriculum was designed for will not allow time for that on alot of the subjects. I think this is a great condensed world history curriculum that does a find job of balancing the subject matter in light of Gods Word and Truth. If you need to cover world history in a year, this is a awesome option. If you want to take 2 or 3 or 4 years to cover it, than it is easily adaptable as a chronological spine for you to add in additional resources to dig deeper into. It can be very flexible that way. I chose to use the Lesson Review over the Student Workbook for my 7th grader because I felt it more age appropriate, being just abit more challenging and spending less time on what I would deem 'busywork'. I like living textbooks, not dry ones, and I choose workbooks carefully (and lightly use them in our home), instead preferring more engaging and helpful resources than just fill in the blanks. I think the Student Workbook seems geared more towards 5th/6th grade level, and definitely is a valuable resource for that age range. The best surprise I have found with From Adam to Us is the creative writing assignments! I almost didn't assign them to my son, but thought to give them a shot anyhow and see if there would be any complaining. Guess what?! There was no complaining, and he has been blossoming in his gift of writing with these prompts! I like that the curriculum encourages the use of a simple notebook/binder to keep their work organized, and see this as becoming quite a treasure to look back at over the years. Also, if you like a visual of chronology, I would add a timeline of your choice.
Grade levels used
Pros
no teacher prep, engaging, nice sized tidbits, quality images, and memorable.
Cons
no separate assignment checklist...however, I am making my own
Do you recommend?
YES!
AT
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments