Review Detail

4.8 16 0.5
Exploring World History
Curriculas 11990
We knew we wanted to use this curriculum, so we left room in my daughter's schedule to use this as three courses: World History and Geography, World Literature and Composition, and Bible Literature. She loved doing this every day. The schedule becomes fairly predictable, and I found it helped her to budget her own time weekly. The assignments are clear as to what is expected each day for a five day week. We thoroughly enjoyed the variety of projects at the end of each lesson: writing, art, crafts, drama, and more are available. The student makes their own choice each week, and all the options are excellent. Choosing the short writing assignment several times helps prepare for longer compositions. Notgrass provides detailed instruction in the book as to how to go about writing a term paper in the second semester, and it was perfect for us, as it was her first one. We will refer to their daily timetable again to stay on track with a large composition project like this in the future. She was quite independent, even going on the computer to print her own assignment and grading sheets weekly, after I did it for the first two weeks. It taught her to keep a well-organized notebook for a class and follow a course schedule by herself. I thought the literature was well-balanced between what might be taught to public schoolers and Christian perspectives and readings. She also memorized Bible verses weekly.
Grade levels used
Pros
High schooler can do this completely independently, and grading assignments and tests is very easy for the parent.
Do you recommend?
Yes, highly.
LR
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments