Review Detail

4.8 16 0.5
Exploring World History
Curriculas 11970
My sophomore did this curriculum last year and gained a great sense of knowledge from the year's worth of history woven with the Bible. He did the history and Bible text and questions by himself and we had class on the literature. We did trade out a couple of books for others but the Cat of Bubastes, which was definitely written in a different era he found to be interesting. I like the exposure to Shakespeare and The Art of War was my son's favorite. We did not do the projects each time because we had two other writing classes that he was taking. We did a large term paper at the end of the year and it was good to see all that he had gained from the books. With all that is going on in the world right now he has a better grasp on why and how we got here than I did at that age.
Grade levels used
Pros
Bible history as a foundation for curriculum; In Their Own Words was a great addition; Many different opportunities to do projects, written essays, etc
Cons
A couple of the books were pretty difficult reading, especially C.S. Lewis' The Abolition of Man
Do you recommend?
Yes
MS
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments