Review Detail

4.8 6 0.5
Latin for Children
Curriculas 5302
I've used Latin for Children with four different children now. My first run through this program when my teenagers were young was *my* first Latin exposure. It was a family subject and even Dad got in on the act. We chanted together so much even the 3yo could sing many of the chants flawlessly. LOL

This is a parts to whole approach, and grammar heavy. Once they had such a thorough grammar coverage with CAP products they could very easily apply it to other Latin products or situations. We had a disagreement once that I didn't have the knowledge to settle. We used that Ask the Magister button on the CAP website and got an answer back from Chris Perrin himself. The kids were so excited to contact Chris that they didn't care about the argument anymore.

I heartily suggest getting the whole package of resources. If you have a child that really can't stand puzzles like crosswords, wordsearches, and such, do skip the Activity Book and just use the free download of worksheets instead.

Headventureland.com has free review games keyed to the chapter in LFC, and for a small yearly fee even more games and videos.
Grade levels used
Pros
no Latin background needed for the teacher, engaging, fabulous customer support
Cons
few different parts to juggle
Do you recommend?
Wholeheartedly!
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments