Green Bean Cabbage Salad
What is Kohlrabi?
It’s part of the cabbage family and has a similar, but slightly different, flavor. Everyone in my family loved it! It adds very good flavor and texture (that of like a radish) to the salad. I used the bulb part in this recipe and cubed it. (It is the square pieces that look white in the photo below.)
All you need to do is chop, combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss with the dressing.
You’ll notice that there are no amounts given for most of the ingredients in the recipe. You can add as much or as little of each ingredient as you like depending upon your family’s tastes and how many people you are feeding.
Super Easy Green Bean Cabbage Salad
fresh green beans (Do not use canned.) Steam, boil, or microwave until tender but still crisp. Be sure not to overcook!
1 can chick peas
1 onion (any kind) chopped
¼ of a Large or ½ a small head of red cabbage, shredded
1 cucumber, chopped
Once chopped, combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Toss with the following Dressing Recipe:
½ c. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. natural raw sugar
¼ c. grapeseed Oil
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 or 2 cloves of fresh garlic- minced
1 tsp. thyme (fresh or dry)
- fresh green beans (steamed, boiled, or microwaved just until crisp tender)
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- kohlrabi, chopped
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small head of red cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with salad dressing (in the following recipe).
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp natural raw sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- Mix all ingredients well, and pour over Green Bean Cabbage Salad. Mix well.