Review Detail

4.6 29 0.5
Hot
Curriculas 13412
We have used BJU Press distance learning for 3 years and love it. I prefer using an all in one curriculum and chose BJU for several reasons. First, I watched sample videos on their website and realized the teachers would be teaching only my child instead of a whole classroom with my child as an observer. My kids had been in a Christian school and honestly I didn't want them to miss playing the games and all the activities involved in a classroom. On the BJU videos the teachers still play games, but engage only my child. Secondly, the readers are illustrated beautifully and the stories captivate their interest. I also love the focus on comprehension, rather than just the ability to read the words. Lastly, the online distance learning is just awesome. There is a theme for every subject in every grade with little skits on review days, etc. There are videos of animals they're learning about or foreign countries they are studying. Not too long ago, my first grader had several reading lessons on the "Cranky Blue Crab". When he was finished there was a complete little puppet show of the entire book. So, he and his siblings had a little show with popcorn and all. All this to say, the curriculum is definitely making learning fun!
Grade levels used
  • K
Pros
Engaging, hands-on learning, colorful textbooks, biblical applications
Cons
Some grade levels need updating
Do you recommend?
Absolutely
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments