Review Detail

4.8 42 0.5
We love Apologia. Their science cirriculm is by far the most solid curriculum offered to the homeschooling community. If your looking for a curriculum to truly prepare your children for college then this is it. Apologia offers a teaching textbook for parents to read aloud. Then there are journals that span K-12th grades. In our home this has worked wonders. The text can be very intensive and at times my little ones struggle to keep their attention devoted to the reading. I like to take breaks between pages and let them color a page in their journals or coloring book as I read. We ask a lot of verbal questions while reading as well to offset the constant reading from mom. I do highly encourage parents to get a prepackaged science experiment kit and lapbooks. Without these I think the program would be a bit boring for my littles. The texts is full of lots of photos as well. We love Apologia and I'm certain we won't be switching companies because we've found a solid fit with Apologia. I also recommend their audio CDs. They are read by the author instead of a "robot" type voice like many of the large leading homeschool companies. We had this issue with AO and my kids were laughing constantly at the audio reading. This is a very professional put together program with authors who are subject matter experts!
Grade levels used
  • K
Pros
Very well written text, enjoyable science experiments, spans many grade levels
Cons
Content can be a bit overwhelming for younger children
Do you recommend?
Highly
CB
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments