Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
america_s-story-one-set-2400px_1.jpg
Curriculas 5001
I have just started using this curriculum with my children, and I absolutely love it. My children are currently in third and first grade. This curriculum is designed to use 3 days a week, however, it is easily adaptable to make it last longer or even shorter. It is possible just to use the storybook and workbook and be enough, but you can expand on it if you desire. We have been using it four days a week. Typically the first 2 days we spend reading the text and filling out portions of the journal pages. The third day we dig a little deeper into the topic by watching videos or reading books and finish the journal pages. The fourth day we work on the map and timeline projects and add in any additional learning I feel is necessary to round out the lesson. This is also a "Christian" curriculum. However, it's not filled with Biblical or Christian jargon. If you are not a Christian you wouldn't have to make very many changes to the text to make it work for your family. I am so glad I found this curriculum and plan on using it in it's entirety. I feel like this curriculum needs more publicity!
Grade levels used
Pros
Easy to use, engaging, simple, adaptable, and can be used with multiple ages
Cons
It can get expensive if you need to buy mutiple workbooks.
Do you recommend?
Yes!
JT
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments