Review Detail

4.4 32 0.5
Horizons Math
Curriculas 6542
Horizons math is my single favorite piece of curriculum. I have used it exclusively for the first two years of our homeschooling journey. When I was looking for a math curriculum, I knew I wanted something that would be fun yet challenging for my math-brained son. I found my perfect wish in Horizons!

Horizons math challenges my son without discouraging him. He finds it fun and enjoys the pictures and colors, but he never seems overly distracted by them. I enjoy that by the end of his books, he truly knows how to do the problems on his own.

The only thing that was difficult for us at first was that the books don't allow the child to fully grasp a concept before moving on. When a concept is introduced, it's usually only for a short period before moving onto other things. Later, the concept returns. (Spiral approach.) We were not used to this style, but now that we have our rhythm, it feels natural to us.

I LOVE this curriculum and don't plan on ever switching as long as the results keep up! Last but not least, it's very affordable as well, especially if you can get by without the teacher's editions for the first couple years.
Grade levels used
  • K
Pros
Cheerful without being distracting, challenging without being discouraging, easy to teach, never bores my son
Cons
Moves quickly; doesn't allow for full grasp of a concept before moving on
Do you recommend?
Highly
LK
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments