4.0 16 0.5
Hot
abeka.png
Curriculas 7654
Overall rating

Personal opinion

Coverage of subject

Ease of use

We currently use them, parent led, for 1st, I have used them for kindergarten and will be returning to them for kindergarten this year and second grade. Their math and phonics are phenomenal and build a strong foundation, there is a lot of repetition but you can really mix it up and it helps really drill those important concepts in. There is some ‘busy’ work but if I feel that my child has a good understanding of what’s being taught we skip it or implement it in some other fun ways. Abeka is awesome for our family because I’m terrible at organizing and really good at procrastinating lol so to have everything already laid out for me, it takes the guess work out and a lot off my workload in the terms of lesson planning. I was reading above that said Abeka’s help with the teaching part disappears around the third grade, which makes me sad, because this is the main reason we have choosen Abeka as our sole curriculum. I plan to investigate this further and if that’s the case we will sadly be switching.
Grade levels used
  • K
Pros
Thorough, Ease of Use, Strong Math & Phonics
Cons
Price (but you’re paying for convenience), Busy Work (which can easily be omitted or swapped)
Do you recommend?
Absolutely
AD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments